RACE SCHEDULE DRIVER STANDINGS RACE RESULTS RACE NEWS
Bridgeport Speedway News
Sunday October 27, 2013
BILL THOMAS WINS THOMAS MEMORIAL AT BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAYBridgeport, NJ (October 27, 2013) – In a race honoring his late father, Bill Thomas won the IPM Pest Management 600cc Micro-Sprint feature at Bridgeport Speedway’s Bill Thomas Memorial. The 270cc Micro-Sprint main event was taken by Chris Locuson. Warren Stradley topped the field in the 4-Cylinder Enduro car contest. The Slingshot feature went to Cody Kline. Tom Wolfe collected the victory in the 8-Cylinder Enduro race.
In the 30-lap IPM Pest Management 600cc feature, Bill Thomas took the lead at the start of the event with Shane Lewis in second. By the fifth circuit, Thomas had a comfortable advantage as he was just beginning to encounter lap traffic. Back to back cautions on lap 7 eliminated the congestion for Thomas. When green flag racing resumed, Thomas was still on top with Lewis trying to gain ground with eight tours completed. At the halfway point, Thomas was back in traffic with Lewis in second and Jay Hartman in third. By lap 20, the caution flag waved again due to a spin by Dan Cogdill, Jr. After action got back underway, Thomas kept his lead and began to distance himself again from the pack. On lap 26, two caution periods occurred and reset the field behind the leader. Following the final green flag, Thomas went unchallenged in the remaining laps to collect the $1000 first place prize. Lewis held on for second with Hartman coming home in third. Tim Buckwalter used the outside groove to finish in fourth and Stephen Kemery completed the race in fifth. The heat races for the IPM Pest Management 600cc Micro-Sprints were won by Bill Thomas, Jay Hartman, and Shane Lewis. Brett Estep took the checkered flag in the consolation event.
Chris Locuson inherited the top running position at the midway point of the 30-lap main for the 270cc Micro-Sprints and he eventually gained the victory. Jay Hartman jumped out to the front at the start of the race. As the halfway signal was given, a mechanical failure forced Hartman to the pits and Locuson became the new leader. Once in front, Locuson powered through lap traffic in the second half of the contest to capture the $1000 check. The runner-up spot went to Tyler Reinhardt. Brian Morrill, Luke Fogg, and RJ Magyari rounded out the top five. Brian Morrill, Jay Hartman, and Charlie Lamanna were the victors in the 270cc Micro-Sprint qualifying races.
After taking the top spot on the ninth circuit, Warren Stradley led the rest of the way to gain the win in the 20-lap feature for the 4-Cylinder Enduro Cars. Scott Dunn finished in second. Third place went to Justin Dunn and he was followed across the finish line by John Gray and Mike Dunn. The 4-Cylinder heat races went to Robbie Dunn and Justin Dunn.
Cody Kline held off Carl Bittenbender in the final circuits to claim the checkered flag in the 25-lap Slingshot feature. With Bittenbender taking second, Donny Hockman crossed the finish line in third. Joe Bodenschatz and Simon Egan filled out the top five. Slingshot heat races were taken by Carl Bittenbender and Larry Raifsnider.
In the non-stop 50-lap race for the 8-Cylinder Enduro Cars, Tom Wolf won the contest after taking the lead on the thirteenth circuit. Lee Allen, Christopher Allen, Sr., Animal, and Rob McCormick followed Wolf.
Dennis Drain was the victor in the Vintage Stock Car race.
Bridgeport Speedway provides a safe and secure family atmosphere, free parking, giveaways and fan participation games. Billed ‘The Fastest Dirt Track in the East’, Bridgeport Speedway is a banked 5/8th mile dirt oval, featuring a dirt 1/4 mile oval embedded in the center, and is located in Southern New Jersey -- just minutes from Pennsylvania and Delaware at exit 14 off of I-295.
BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAY RESULTS - BILL THOMAS MEMORIAL - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26 2013
IPM Pest Management 600cc Micro-Sprints
Heat 1 - 1. Bill Thomas 2. Tim Buckwalter 3. Stephen Kemery 4. Steve Bracall 5. Sam Lamothe 6.Nick Walton
Heat 2 - 1. Jay Hartman 2. Andrew Locuson 3. Tyler DeVault 4. Sam Locuson 5. Matt Smith 6. Brett Michalski
Heat 3 - 1. Shane Lewis 2. Jeff Hartman 3. Chris Locuson 4. Jim Tippin 5. Dave Carlberg 6. PJ Williams
Consolation - 1. Brett Estep 2. Bill Jackson 3. Ed Barber, III 4. Jon Stewart 5. Christian Harris 6. Dan Cogdill, Jr.
IPM PEST MANAGEMENT 600cc MICRO-SPRINT - 30 LAPS
1. BILL THOMAS 2. Shane Lewis 3. Jay Hartman 4. Tim Buckwalter 5. Stephen Kemery 6.Jeff Hartman 7. Sam LaMothe 8. Tyler DeVault 9. Andrew Locuson 10. Matt Smith 11. Chris Locuson 12. Nick Walton 13. Brett Michalski 14. Christian Harris 15. Brett Estep 16. Sam Locuson 17. Steve Bracall 18. PJ Williams 19. Jim Tippin 20. Dan Cogdill, Jr. 21. Dave Carlberg 22. Jon Stewart 23. Ed Barber, III 24. Bill Jackson
DNQ: Mark Landwher, Gary Forsythe, Luke Fogg, Ernie Miles
Heat 1 - 1. Brian Morrill 2. John Blanda 3. Jonathan John 4. Dan Lane 5. Luke Fogg 6. Joe Dopke
Heat 2 - 1. Jay Hartman 2. Chris Locuson 3. RJ Magyari 4. Dana Lamothe 5. Matt Harrell 6. Hank Steller
Heat 3 - 1. Charlie Lamanna 2. Tyler Reinhardt 3. Kyle Spence 4, Billy Murphy 5. Billy Gray 6. Mark Landwher
270cc MICRO-SPRINT FEATURE - 30 LAPS
1. CHRIS LOCUSON 2. Tyler Reinhardt 3. Brian Morrill 4. Luke Fogg 5. RJ Magyari 6. Billy Murphy 7. Dana LaMothe 8. Hank Steller 9. Billy Gray 10. John Blanda 11. Donald Bouchelle 12. Dan Lane 13. Mark Landwher 14. Jim Garrison 15. Jay Hartman 16. Charlie Lamanna 17. Matt Harrell 18. Kyle Spence 19. Jonathan John 20. Joe Dopke
4-Cylinder Enduro Cars
Heat 1 - 1. Robbie Dunn 2. Warren Stradley 3. Cheri LaClaire 4. John Gray 5. Joe Garey 6. Mike Dunn
Heat 2 - 1. Justin Dunn 2. Scott Dunn 3. Dave Bentley 4. Ken Wallace 5. John Webster 6. Mike Koppenhaner
4 - CYLINDER ENDURO CAR FEATURE - 20 LAPS
1. WARREN STRADLEY 2. Scott Dunn 3. Justin Dunn 4. John Gray 5. Mike Dunn 6. Ken Wallace 7. Cheri LaClaire 8. Mike Koppenhaner 9. Phil Levering 10. Robbie Dunn 11. Joe Garey 12. Ryan Simmons 13. John Webster 14. Art Knapp
DNS: Dave Bentley
Heat 1 - 1. Carl Bittendender 2. Donny Hockman 3. Brett Bieber 4. John Bockhorn 5. Joe Bodenschatz 6. Bill Reidenbach
Heat 2 - 1. Larry Raifsnider 2. Cody Kline 3. Simon Egan 4. Shannon Smith 5. Tim Paul 6. BJ Antonio
SLINGSHOT FEATURE - 25 LAPS
1. CODY KLINE 2. Carl Bittenbender 3. Donny Hockman 4. Joe Bodenschatz 5. Simon Egan 6. Brett Bieber 7. Larry Raifsnider 8. BJ Antonio 9. Bill Reidenbach 10. Tim Paul 11. Dave Morrell 12. Bob Dmuchowski 13. Rick Partite 14. Jason Schlenker 15. Shannon Smith 16. John Bockhorn 17. Dave McCullough 18. Daniel Schlenker
8 - CYLINDER ENDURO CAR FEATURE - 50 LAPS
1. TOM WOLF 2. Lee Allen 3. Christopher Allen, Sr. 4. Animal 5. Rob McCormick 6. Dave Bentley, Jr. 7. Travis Guyer 8. Phil Levering 9. Bill Stockert 10. Doug Guyer 11. Pat Hires 12. Karl Wagner 13. Steve Haegele