Sunday June 16, 2013
BUFFALINO SWEEPS TWIN BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FEATURES AT BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAYBridgeport, NJ (June 16, 2013) Ė On Twin Twenty Night at Bridgeport Speedway, Dominick Buffalino visited victory lane twice after winning two 20-lap Big Block Modified features. Ricky DiEva took the checkered in the regularly scheduled Crate/Sportsman contest while Steve Searock came out on top in the postponed race from May 11. The D.A.íS Auto Body and Repair Rookie Series feature was won by Jesse Bonaduce. Ron Frees was the victor in the Outlaw Stock Car race.
In the first 20-lap Big Block Modified feature, Sam Martz set the early pace with Dominick Buffalino motoring into the runner-up spot on the second circuit. With six tours recorded, Martz had his half-straightaway lead evaporate when a flat on Ron Robertís ride brought out the caution flag. As action resumed, Martz repelled a strong challenge by Buffalino with Bob Sarkisian in third and Tommy Beamer in fourth. On lap 8, the red lights illuminated the speedway as flames appeared from under the hood of Sarkisianís ride. As the green flag waved, Buffalino used the outside lane and won the side-by-side tussle with Martz to gain the lead with Beamer in third place. Mike Iles, who started the race in ninth, was continuing his charge to the front as he motored by Beamer for third on lap 11. On the next tour, the final caution of the event came out for a slowing Rick Laubach. As the green flag waved, Buffalino remained on top with Martz in second and fourteenth place starting Jimmy Horton gaining third. With six laps remaining, Horton got by Martz and set his eyes on Buffalino. In the final five laps, Buffalino maintained his lead over Horton by running the high side and crossed the finish line for his second win of the season. Horton wound up in second place. Third place was taken by Martz. Scott Irwin finished in fourth with Iles coming home in fifth.
After the original start of the second 20-lap Big Block Modified feature was marred by a red-flag incident, polesitter Rusty Smith jumped out to the lead with Matt Harrell and Mike Iles in tow. On the third tour, the red flag came out as Smithís car slowed down and drifted into the path of oncoming cars near turn one. After the cleanup, Iles was the new man on top with Harrell, Sam Martz, and Dominick Buffalino next in line. At the halfway point, Iles had a half-straightaway lead over Harrell with Buffalino running in third. On lap 11, the caution flag unfurled for a flat right rear tire on the leaderís car. As action got back underway, Buffalino took the lead with Harrell in second and Wade Hendrickson charging into third. As the race entered the final stages, Buffalino developed a comfortable advantage that was wiped out with two to go as the caution flag waved for Iles. Following the single file restart, Buffalino stifled a strong challenge from Harrell and led the balance of the race to win his second feature of the evening. With Harrell finishing in second, Hendrickson came home in third in the Craig Pondish owned car. Bob Sarkisian drove a strong race to finish in fourth and Rick Laubach completed the race in fifth. Travis Hill, Buffalino, and Sarkisian won the Big Block Modified heat races. Don Cogdill, III was the consolation event winner.
In the regularly scheduled 20-lap Crate/Sportsman feature, Ricky DiEva took over the top spot from Ryan Wozunk on the tenth circuit and went on to win his first main event of the year. The runner-up position was taken by Brett Ballard. Matt Budd finished in third place. The top five was completed by Bob Lilick and Brad Roberts. The Crate/Sportsman qualifying events were captured by CJ Jones and DiEva.
Steve Searock led every circuit in the postponed 20-lap Crate/Sportsman race from May 11 to win his first career feature. Marc Herman passed Matt Budd on the last lap to finish in second place. With Budd taking third, Mike Cogdill and Bob Lilick rounded out the top five.
Jesse Bonaduce led every step of the way to win his second 8-lap D.A.íS Auto Body and Repair Rookie Series feature of the year. The remaining finishers in order were Ian Humphreys, Kris Lilick, and Pete Lucchesi
After taking the lead on the second circuit of the 15-lap Outlaw Stock Car feature, Ron Frees held off a strong challenge by Brian Ludwig to win his fifth race of the season. Jimmy Avery, Mike Hughes, Jr. and Tom Wills, Jr. finished in order behind the top two of Frees and Ludwig. The Outlaw Stock Car heat race winners were Frees and Ludwig.
On Saturday, June 22, Bike Bonanza Night takes place at Bridgeport Speedway. All motorcycle drivers will be admitted for free and a huge bike giveaway will be on tap for the kids. The racing agenda includes Big Block Modifieds, Crate/Sportsman, Outlaw Stock Cars and D.A.íS Auto Body and Repair Rookies. The pit area opens at 4:30 p.m. with the spectator gates unlocking at 5:30 p.m. Action gets underway at 7:00 p.m. Adult (16 and older) admission will be $15 with students (10-15) being admitted for $10. Kids 9 and under are free. Pit admission is $30 for Bridgeport members and $35 for non-members.
Bridgeport Speedway provides a safe and secure family atmosphere, free parking, giveaways and fan participation games. Billed ĎThe Fastest Dirt Track in the Eastí, Bridgeport Speedway is a banked 5/8th mile dirt oval, featuring a dirt 1/4 mile oval embedded in the center, and is located in Southern New Jersey -- just minutes from Pennsylvania and Delaware at exit 14 off of I-295.
BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAY RESULTS Ė SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2013
Big Block Modifieds
Heat 1 - 1. Travis Hill 2. Sam Martz 3. Dave Witte 4. Jimmy Horton 5. Richie Pratt, Jr. 6.Matt Harrell
Heat 2 - 1. Dominick Buffalino 2. Tommy Beamer 3. Scott Irwin 4. Ryan Watt 5. Eric Kormann 6. Rusty Smith
Heat 3 - 1. Bob Sarkisian 2. Mike Barone 3. Mike Iles 4. Rick Laubach 5. Donny Radd 6. Mike Franz
Consolation - 1. Don Cogdill, III 2. Wade Hendrickson 3. Rocco Infante 4. Ron Roberts 5. David Hunt 6. Tom Maccherone
BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FEATURE #1 - 20 LAPS
1. DOMINICK BUFFALINO 2. Jimmy Horton 3. Sam Martz 4. Scott Irwin 5. Mike Iles 6. Matt Harrell 7. Ryan Watt 8. Rusty Smith 9. Rocco Infante 10. Mike Barone 11. Don Cogdill, III 12. Rick Laubach 13. Travis Hill 14. Eric Kormann 15. Mike Franz 16. Dave Witte 17. David Hunt 18. Tom Maccherone 19. Donny Radd 20. Tommy Beamer 21. Bob Sarkisian 22. Ron Roberts 23. Wade Hendrickson 24. Richie Pratt, Jr.
BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FEATURE #2 - 20 LAPS
1. DOMINICK BUFFALINO 2. Matt Harrell 3. Wade Hendrickson 4. Bob Sarkisian 5. Rick Laubach 6. Scott Irwin 7. Sam Martz 8. Richie Pratt, Jr. 9. Mike Franz 10. Donny Radd 11. Don Cogdill, III 12. David Hunt 13. Mike Iles 14. Ron Roberts 15. Ryan Watt 16. Eric Kormann 17. Rusty Smith 18. Rocco Infante 19. Mike Barone 20. Jimmy Horton 21. Travis Hill 22. Dave Witte 23. Tommy Beamer 24. Tom Maccherone
DNQ: Ed Firth, Jay Kosch, Brian Kressley, Sean Gunther, Rich Kuiken, Jr., Jack Swain
Heat 1 - 1. CJ Jones 2. Mike Cogdill 3. Bob Lilick 4. Marc Herman 5. Ryan Anderson 6. Ryan Wozunk 7. Brett Ballard 8. Jason Neidlinger
Heat 2 - 1. Ricky DiEva 2. Matt Budd 3. Steve Searock 4. Guy Germano 5. Dave Damiano 6. Gary Hieber, Jr. 7. Jason Bittner 8. Pete Serra
CRATE/SPORTSMAN FEATURE - 20 LAPS
1. RICKY DIEVA 2. Brett Ballard 3. Matt Budd 4. Bob Lilick 5. Brad Roberts 6. Mike Cogdill 7. Marc Herman 8. CJ Jones 9. Ryan Wozunk 10. Steve Searock 11. Billy Briggs 12. Guy Germano 13. Jason Duppel 14. Dave Damiano 15. Gary Hieber, Jr. 16. Jason Neidlinger 17. Jeff Bubori 18. Scott Hulmes 19. Pete Serra 20. Jason Bittner 21. Jesse Bonaduce 22. Kyle Hieber
DNQ: Jesse Bonaduce, Pete Lucchesi
DQ: Ryan Anderson
CRATE/SPORTSMAN FEATURE FROM MAY 11, 2013 - 20 LAPS
1. STEVE SEAROCK 2. Marc Herman 3. Matt Budd 4. Mike Cogdill 5. Bob Lilick 6. Dave Damiano 7. Billy Briggs 8. Gary Hieber, Jr.9. Kyle Hieber 10. Ryan Wozunk 11. Ricky DiEva 12. Jason Bittner 13. CJ Jones 14. Guy Germano 15. Jason Neidlinger 16. Pete Serra 17. Brad Roberts 18. Ian Humphreys 19. Ryan Anderson 20. Scott Hulmes 21. Jesse Bonaduce 22. Jeff Bubori
DNS: Steve Davis, Steve Young, Ray Woodall, Kevin Belmont, Pat Hires, Kyle Borror, Kris Lilick
D.A.íS AUTO BODY AND REPAIR ROOKIE SERIES FEATURE - 8 LAPS
1. JESSE BONADUCE 2. Ian Humphreys 3. Kris Lilick 4. Pete Lucchesi
DNS: Jeff Bubori, Jeremy Hicks
Outlaw Stock Cars
Heat 1 - 1. Ron Frees 2. Tom Wills, Jr. 3. Jimmy Avery 4. Ed Tinsman 5. Tom Boehlert 6. Joe LaClaire
Heat 2 - 1. Brian Ludwig 2. Jimmy Hughes 3. Tom Wills, Sr. 4. Mike Hughes, Jr. 5. Terry Griffin 6. Anthony DiBenedetto
OUTLAW STOCK CARS FEATURE - 15 LAPS
1. RON FREES 2. Brian Ludwig 3. Jimmy Avery 4. Mike Hughes, Jr. 5. Tom Wills, Jr. 6. Ed Tinsman 7. Jimmy Hughes 8. Tom Wills, Sr. 9. Anthony DiBenedetto 10. Art Avery 11. David Kramer 12. Joe LaClaire 13. Tom Boehlert 14. Terry Griffin