Thursday June 27, 2013
FIREWORKS DISPLAY WILL LIGHT UP BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAY’S TOM HAGER MEMORIALBridgeport, NJ (June 27, 2013) – On Wednesday, July 3, the skies over Southern New Jersey are sure to light up as a huge fireworks display will occur during Bridgeport Speedway’s Tom Hager Memorial. The Tom Hager Memorial, a race dedicated to the late Modified driver who passed away in June 2012, will serve as the third hand of the Poker Series for the Big Block Modifieds. The winner of this special 43-lap event will go home with $4000 while the take the green money will be $300. A star-studded field is being assembled for this event. Modified drivers such as Duane Howard, Bobby Varin, Ryan Godown, Billy Pauch, Doug Manmiller, Jeff Heotzler, and Frank Cozze are expected to be on hand to challenge the Bridgeport Speedway regulars such as Jimmy Horton, Ryan Watt, Rick Laubach, Matt Harrell, Richie Pratt, Jr., Sam Martz, Mike Barone, Dom Buffalino, and Mike Iles.
The Crate/Sportsman will be on the card as well with the third hand of their Poker Series. The victor of the 30-lap Crate/Sportsman Poker Series race will receive $1000 and the take the green money is set at $100. Also, competitors will be rewarded with a purse increase for the second through fifth finishing positions. In addition, a wide variety of contingency prizes will be up for grabs for the Crate/Sportsman drivers. The current list of contingency prizes contains the following:
• Three $25 gift certificates from Lineman Racing to three non-qualifiers
• Three $25 gift certificates from Behrent’s Performance to three non-qualifiers
• Five $100 gift certificates from BFP Specialty for a set of doors & quarter panels for the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th place finishers
• The winner of the race will be a guaranteed starter for the Accord Speedway’s Battle of the Bullring Sportsman/Crate 25-lap paying $1,000 to win
• Jimmy Wismer of Wizfab has donated a set of bumpers and rubrails for the 22nd place finisher
• Lias Tire has donated four $50 certificates towards the purchase of a tire for the 11th, 16th, 21st, and 26th place finishers.
• Mike’s Performance Center has donated five $20 gift certificates to go to five non-qualifiers
• MEG Wheels has donated two $50 certificates towards the purchase or repair of a wheel
• ERK Steering has donated $50 certificates off a steering box rebuild for all non-qualifiers
• Big Jim’s Videos has donated five $20 certificates towards the purchase of a racing DVD for five non-qualifiers
• A $50 voucher for a wheel repair courtesy of Art Bair Wheel Repair
• A $50 fuel voucher courtesy of Insinger Performance Fuels
• Five $100 off coupons off a set of doors and quarter panels to five non-qualifiers from Lightning Bodies
• A $25 Gift Certificate courtesy of Bruce’s Speed Shop
• Ten $50 off vouchers for transmission repair to 10 non-qualifiers courtesy of Scotty’s Speed Transmission Repair
Along with the Big Block Modifieds and Crate/Sportsman, the third event in Black Flagged Racing’s Outlaw Stock Car Shoot-Out Series will be contested. The winner of the 20-lap feature race for the full-fendered cars will go home with $500 and plenty of extra awards including lap money will be up for grabs.
Along with the great racing and fireworks display, Avery Racing and Do It Duo For Pets, Inc. are teaming up to collect pet supplies for those affected by Hurricane Sandy and the Oklahoma Tornado. Donations will be collected at the main grandstand ticket office and in the pits at the Avery Racing Outlaw Stock Car team trailer. Pet food, Cat Litter, toys, bedding, gift cards and monetary donations are among the items being accepted. Anyone who donates an item will be automatically entered into a raffle for an adult bicycle. A Kid’s Bike Raffle with all proceeds benefitting Do It For Duo will take place on this night as well.
On Wednesday, July 3, the pit gates will open at 3:30 p.m. The grandstand turnstiles will unlock at 4:30 p.m. Racing starts at 6:30 p.m. Adult (16 and older) admission will be $27 with students (10-15) being admitted for $12. Kids 9 and under are free. Admittance to the pits is $37. The first 100 kids through the turnstiles will receive goodie bags courtesy of Avery Racing.
Bridgeport Speedway provides a safe and secure family atmosphere, free parking, giveaways, and fan participation games. As a premier racing complex, Bridgeport Speedway is a banked 5/8th mile dirt oval, featuring a dirt 1/4 mile oval embedded in the center, and is located in Southern New Jersey -- just minutes from Pennsylvania and Delaware at exit 14 off of I-295.