Sunday October 02, 2011
WATT WRAPS UP BRIDGEPORT MODIFIED TITLE WITH FIFTH FEATURE WIN OF THE YEAR
BRIDGEPORT, NJ (October 2, 2011) – On Championship Night 2011 at Bridgeport Speedway, Ryan Watt wrapped up the 2011 Bridgeport Modified title with his fifth feature win of the year. In the Proformance Cuts Outlaw Stock Car main events, Rick Broschard took the checkered flag in the contest on the 5/8th mile oval and the quarter mile race was won by Jeremy Doerr. Pat Conaway was crowned the 2011 Proformance Cuts Outlaw Stock Car champion. Chuck Palmucci racked up the win in the TSRS Sprint Car feature. The Powder Puff race went to Fay Marion.
At the start of the 25-lap double point season finale for the Bridgeport Modifieds, Matt Budd bolted to the front with Keith Weber, Frank Dorry, Jr., Jesse Hill and Jordan Watson in tow. Watson motored into third with two laps completed and became the leader on lap 3 after a restart. With five circuits recorded, Watson was pulling away with Brett Kressley, Ryan Anderson and Ryan Watt next in line. By lap 7, Watt had worked his way into third and was closing in on Kressley for the runner-up spot. After a good battle for second, Watt took over the spot on the ninth tour as Watson was building up his lead. Watson’s big advantage over his rivals evaporated when the caution flag flew for Ken Eckert, Jr. on lap 11. On the ensuing restart, Watt sped around Watson to take over the lead. Once in front, Watt broke free from Watson with Chad James running in third. Watt’s advantage over his rivals was a full straightaway lead when Keith Weber’s spin brought out the final caution flag of the race on lap 23. Watt held off Watson on the final restart and crossed the finish line in first to win his fifth Bridgeport Modified feature of the season. With Watson in second, James finished in third. Ryan Anderson came home in fourth with Travis Hill taking fifth. With the victory, Watt won the 2011 Bridgeport Modified title over Watson. Matt Budd and Ryan Watt were winners in the Bridgeport Modified heats.
Rick Broschard took home the checkered flag in the 15-lap Proformance Cuts Outlaw Stock car race on the 5/8th mile oval. In the double point finale, Jeremy Doerr grabbed the lead at the start and built up a full straightaway lead at the halfway point. Broschard, who started the feature in eleventh place, moved into second place with nine circuits completed. After a lap 13 restart, Doerr and Broschard battled for the lead. On the last lap, Broschard took the lead after he scooted below Doerr on the exit of turn two. With Doerr taking second, Brian Ludwig’s strong run resulted in a third place finish. Tommy Beamer and Billy Wroble completed the top five.
In the first ever Proformance Cuts Outlaw Stock Car event on the quarter mile track, Jeremy Doerr was the victor. Doerr set the pace from start to finish to win the 20-lap non-point contest. Second place went to Tommy Beamer as he held off a hard charging Billy Wroble. Pat Hires took fourth with Bob Hopely finishing in fifth.
Ryan Watt won his second feature of the evening by claiming the 25-lap Big Block Modified race on the quarter mile. Making his first start on the inner dirt oval, Dave Dissinger took the lead at the start and began to encounter lap traffic with five laps completed. In the midst of lap traffic, Watt wiggled his way past Dissinger to take over the front running spot on lap 6. Watt held off Richie Pratt, Jr. on several second half restarts to win his second race of the year on the inner oval. With Pratt, Jr. securing second, Dissinger’s good run resulted in a third place finish. Rick Wegner and Darren McCaughey rounded out the top five. Big Block Modified qualifying events were won by Mike Brannigan, Richie Pratt, Jr.and Dave Dissinger.
In the caution free 20-lap TSRS Sprint Car main event, Chuck Palmucci came from his seventh starting spot to take the checkered flag. Stef Palmai headed the field for the first nine laps before Phil Meisner, Jr. gained control of the lead. On lap 13, Palmucci slipped by Meisner to gain the top spot and went on to lead the balance of the race. Meisner claimed second place with Kyle Reinhart grabbing third. Completing the top five finishers were Mike Esposito and Bobby Sandt. With an eighth place finish, Chris Allen, Jr. collected the 2011 TSRS Sprint Car championship. John Wyers, Bob DeVault and Kyle Reinhart were victors in the TSRS Sprint Car heat races.
In the 15-lap Powder Puff race, Fay Marion bested the field of seven entrants.
Bridgeport Speedway provides a safe and secure family atmosphere, free parking, giveaways and fan participation games. Billed ‘The Fastest Dirt Track in the East’, Bridgeport Speedway is a banked 5/8th
mile dirt oval, featuring a dirt 1/4 mile oval embedded in the center, and is located in Southern New Jersey -- just minutes from Pennsylvania and Delaware at exit 14 off of I-295.
BRIDGEPORT SPEEDWAY RESULTS - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2011
Heat 1 - 1. Matt Budd 2. Travis Hill 3. Ryan Anderson 4. Keith Weber 5. Jesse Hill 6. Brett Ballard
Heat 2 - 1. Ryan Watt 2. Neal Williams 3. Frank Dorry, Jr. 4. Jordan Watson 5. Chad James 6. Brett Kressley
BRIDGEPORT MODIFIED FEATURE - 25 LAPS
1. RYAN WATT 2. Jordan Watson 3. Chad James 4. Ryan Anderson 5. Travis Hill 6. Brett Kressley 7. Neal Williams 8. Ron Roberts 9. Dave Witte 10. Jesse Hill 11. Matt Budd 12. Sean Gunther 13. Jeff Duprez 14. Eric Engstrom 15. John Bilofsky 16. Keith Weber 17. Dan Cogdill, Sr. 18. Ken Eckert, Jr. 19. Jason Kosch 20. Brett Ballard 21. Frank Dorry, Jr.
2011 BRIDGEPORT MODIFIED CHAMPION: RYAN WATT
PROFORMANCE CUTS OUTLAW STOCKS FEATURE – 5/8th MILE - 15 LAPS
1. RICK BROSCHARD 2. Jeremy Doerr 3. Brian Ludwig 4. Tommy Beamer 5. Billy Wroble 6. Terry Griffin 7. Bob Hopely 8. Bob Dooley 9. Jeff Dirkes 10. Andy Whittaker 11. Nick Gargiulo 12.Joe Meron 13. Anthony DiBenedetto 14. Mike Paprella 15.Spider Ensinger 16. Josh Denny 17. Tommy Boehlert 18. Cheri LaClaire 19. Tom Woodrow 20. Pete Ellis 21. Gary Klimeczak 22. Russell Wurst 23. Pat Conaway 24. Ken Watson, Jr. 25. PJ Oliver 26. Phil Gould
DNS: Jim Hughes
PROFORMANCE CUTS OUTLAW STOCKS FEATURE - QUARTER MILE - 20 LAPS
1. JEREMY DOERR 2. Tommy Beamer 3. Billy Wroble 4. Pat Hires 5. Bob Hopely 6. Brian Ludwig 7. Bob Dooley 8. Spider Ensinger 9. Pete Ellis 10. Josh Denny 11. Cheri LaClaire 12.Jeff Dirkes 13. Tom Woodrow 14. Joe Meron 15. Terry Griffin 16. Nick Gargiulo 17. Gary Klimeczak
DNS: Jim Hughes, Pat Conaway, PJ Oliver, Phil Gould, Ken Watson, Russell Wurst, Rick Broschard, Mike Papparella, Tommy Boehlert, Andy Whittaker, Anthony DiBenedetto
2011 PROFORMANCE CUTS OUTLAW STOCK CAR CHAMPION: PAT CONAWAY
Big Block Modifieds – Quarter Mile
Heat 1 - 1. Mike Brannigan 2. Eric Renninger 3. Brett Ballard 4. Frank Holmes 5. Kevin Belmont 6. Roy Wiest
Heat 2 - 1. Richie Pratt, Jr. 2. Ryan Watt 3. Ron Roberts 4. Bruce Gsell 5. Corey Andersen 6. Bryant Brown
Heat 3 - 1. Dave Dissinger 2. Darren McCaughey 3. Rick Wegner, Jr. 4. Jesse Hill 5. Scott Hulmes 6. Pete Serra
BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FEATURE – QUARTER MILE - 25 LAPS
1. RYAN WATT 2. Richie Pratt, Jr. 3. Dave Dissinger 4. Rick Wegner, Jr. 5. Darren McCaughey 6. Ron Roberts 7. Bruce Gsell 8. Brett Ballard 9. Jesse Hill 10. Kevin Vaclavicek 11. Frank Holmes 12. Eric Renninger 13. Mike Brannigan 14. Scott Hulmes 15. Bryant Brown 16. Roy Wiest 17. Ryan Simmons 18. Kevin Belmont 19. Corey Andersen 20. Pete Serra
DNS: Kyle Borror, Wes Camp
TSRS Sprint Cars
Heat 1 - 1. John Wyers 2. Bill Case, Jr. 3. Frank Lieto 4. Bobby Sandt 5. Torrey Rose 6. Bill Corsa
Heat 2 - 1. Bob DeVault 2. Brian Carber 3. Chris Allen, Jr. 4. Mike Esposito 5. Bruce Kindberg 6. Ryan Smith
Heat 3 - 1. Kyle Reinhart 2. Chuck Palmucci 3. Phil Meisner, Jr. 4. Stef Palmai 5. Jeff Schall 6. Stephanie Stevens
TSRS SPRINT CARS FEATURE - 20 LAPS
1. CHUCK PALMUCCI 2. Phil Meisner, Jr. 3. Kyle Reinhardt 4. Mike Esposito 5. Bobby Sandt 6. John Wyers 7. Stef Palmai 8. Chris Allen, Jr. 9. Brian Carber 10. Torrey Rose 11. Stephanie Stevens 12. Ryan Smith 13. Bob DeVault 14. Jeff Schall 15. Scott Frach 16. Joe Lord 17. Bruce Kindberg 18. Ed Newhouser 19. Bill Corsa 20. Adam Carberry 21. Frank Lieto 22. Joe Puzzella 23. Bill Case, Jr.
DNS: Jamie Kostic
2011 TSRS SPRINT CAR CHAMPION – CHRIS ALLEN, JR.
POWDER PUFF FEATURE - 20 LAPS
1. FAY MARION 2. Brittany Ballard 3. Beth Pratt 4. Ginger Cogdill 5. Barb Schuler 6. Jaclynne Oldt 7. Shannon Brady